Residential Food Waste Collection is Now In Effect
Click link below to view Residential Foodwaste Guidance Flyer and Burrtec Residential Newsletter (Summer 2022) for more information regarding Food Waste Collection.Residential FoodWaste Program July 2022.pdfRubidoux Residential Winter 2023 Newsletter 20221206.pdf
Click Link below to view much more about Recycling Legislation:
On March 3rd, 2022, the Board of Directors of Rubidoux Community Services District (“District”) Adopted Ordinance No. 2021-129 - An Ordinance of the Board of Directors of Rubidoux Community Services District Adopting Mandatory Organic Waste Disposal Reduction. Ordinance 2021-129 implements requirements of Senate Bill 1383 (“SB 1383”), the Short-lived Climate Pollutant Reduction Act, that was signed into law September 19, 2016, mandating all jurisdictions providing solid waste collection to adopt an organic recycling ordinance. The main goal of SB 1383 is to reduce organic waste disposal by 75 percent and increase edible food recovery by 20 percent by year 2025. This legislation requires businesses, multi-family dwellings, and single-family residential properties to have access to recycling programs that collect food waste, green waste, wood waste, and fibers such as paper and cardboard.
To comply with SB 1383 the District is mandated to:
· Provide organic waste collection services to all District solid waste customers including green waste, wood waste, food waste, etc.; and
· Implement an edible food recovery program recovering edible food from commercial edible food generators; and
· Provide education and outreach to haulers, generators, and edible food recovery organizations; and
· Procure recycled organic waste products such as compost, renewable gas, and mulch; and
· Plan and secure access for recycling and increasing edible food recovery capacity; and
· Monitor compliance efforts and conduct enforcement for annual reporting requirements.
Information regarding Residential Food Waste Collection and launch date will be provided beginning the 3rd quarter of 2022.