Residential Minimum Monthly Utility Bill per Equivalent Dwelling Unit
Water usage in excess of this minimum amount will be billed on the tiered escalating schedule below:
1 to 5 Units of Water delivered at: $1.12 per Unit
6 to 12 Units of Water delivered at: $1.43 per Unit
13 to 20 Units of Water delivered at: $1.74 per Unit
21 to 29 Units of Water delivered at: $2.03 per Unit
30 and Greater Units of Water delivered at: $2.53 per Unit
1 Unit = 100 Cubic feet = 748 Gallons
Water Rate Comparison
The Sewer and RST (Regional Sewage Treatment) charges cover the maintenance, operation and treatment of District wastewater collection facilities. This is a fixed charge per billing cycle and, consequently, is not pro-rated.
There are three rubbish pick-ups per week (all on the same day). One pick-up is a “Clean Green” Pick-up. For this, the district’s trash hauler, Trico Disposal, will pickup grass clippings, tree branches, leaves and other organic matter. You may put the clean green in the District provided Green automated collection barrel; your own clean trash can; or clear plastic bags (colored trash bags or contaminated “green clean” material will not be collected). Another pick-up is for regular household rubbish, and will be collected in the District provided Black 95 gallon automated collection refuse barrel. A third pick-up is for all recylable items and should be placed in the District provided Blue automated collection barrel.
The list of recyclable items continues to grow. Click on the following link for a current list of common household products that can be recycled. http://www.burrtec.com/recycling
The minimum charge may be increased if additional household rubbish service is required. Your trash should be placed outside prior to 6:00 a.m. on your collection day.
Large/Bulky Items Collection Program
Residents of Rubidoux Community Services District can dispose of unwanted large or bulky items twice a year. Large or bulky items include chairs, mattresses, washing machines, dryers, furniture, etc. This program allows residents to choose when they want a large or bulky item collection up to two times during a 12 month period.
When you’re ready to have your large or bulky items collected, just call the District in advance to schedule a curbside collection for pick up on your regular weeklyscheduled trash day.
Once again, residents are allowed up to two collections every 12 months at no charge.
PLEASE: We cannot collect hazardous waste. Hazardous waste includes such items as oil, oil filters, paint, household cleaners, pesticides, weed killer and batteries.
For more information or to make an appointment, please call the Rubidoux Community Services District at 951.684.7580.
Holiday Collection Schedule
**Burrtec will collect and recycle your Christmas tree. Please place your tree curbside during the period after Christmas (Dec. 26, 2016 - Jan. 7, 2017) on your regular collection day. Trees over 6' need to be cut in half. Please take all ornaments, lights, and metal stands off of the tree**
- November 24, 2016 (Thanksgiving) - Thursday; 1 day behind schedule for balance of the week.
- December 25, 2016 (Christmas Day) - Sunday; No schedule impact to residential customers.
- January 1, 2017 (New Year's Day) - Sunday; No Impact to residential customers.
- May 29, 2017 (Memorial Day) - Monday; 1 day behind schedule for balance of the week.
- July 4, 2017 (Independence Day) - Tuesday; day behind schedule for balance of the week.
- September 4, 2017 (Labor Day) - Monday; 1 day behind schedule for balance of the week.
- November 23, 2017 (Thanksgiving) - Thursday; 1 day behind schedule for balance of the week.
- December 25, 2017 (Christmas Day) - Monday;1 day behind schedule for balance of the week.
- January 1, 2018 (New Year's Day) - Monday; 1 day behind schedule for balance of the week.
With questions concerning the Holiday Collection Schedule, please call Burrtec Disposal directly at 951.786.0544